Who is Anthony Peter Senecal and who pushed his damn button? I am not sure whether it is hysterical laughter bubbling up in my throat, or a red haze of rage. If it is both, I shall surely choke to death on it!
So who IS Anthony Senecal? He is Donald Trump’s 84-year-old former butler. Trump needs a butler? He wants to be president of the U.S. and he cannot even dress himself? Sheesh. But back to good ol’ Tony … he looks like just a harmless, kindly ol’ grandpa, doesn’t he? But beware, he is not, in any sense of the word, kindly. His is the face of evil, just as surely as was Ted Bundy’s. He is the epitome of why one should not judge a book by its cover, nor a person by his looks.
Tony worked for the trumpeter for nearly 30 years and refers to his former employer as “The King”. Once, when da trumpeter was reportedly in a ‘sour mood’, Tony hired a bugler to play “Hail to the Chief” for him. Oh puh-leaze! In 1990, Mr. Senecal took a two-year sabbatical to become the mayor of a town in West Virginia, his ‘claim to fame’ there being that he required all panhandlers to carry ‘begging permits’. Huh? Why?
So now that you know who Anthony Peter Senecal is, you must be wondering why Filosofa is ranting about a seemingly innocuous, if not too bright, old man. Well, this old man is under investigation by the Secret Service for his posts on Facebook. A few shining examples:
- “I feel it is time for the SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION !!!!! The only way we will change this crooked government is to douche it !!!!! This might be the time with this kenyan fraud in power !!!!! …[W]ith the last breath I draw I will help rid this America of the scum infested in its government–and if that means dragging that ball less dick head from the white mosque and hanging his scrawny ass from the portico–count me in !!!!!”
- “Looks like that sleezey bastard zero (O) is trying to out maneuver Congress again, if the truth be known this prick needs to be hung for treason!!!”
- “Stop the LYING BITCH OF BENGHAZI, NOW—killery clinton !!!!!! She should be in prison awaiting hanging !!!!!!!”
- “Muzzie shits…are invading our country.”
- “Our current ‘president’ is a rotten filthy muzzie !!!!! Period !!!!!! He continues his war on Christians !!!!!! …zero is against the people of America !!!!!”
- “I think the actions of these a**wipes is so UN-American—they should be hung for treason !!!!!!” (in reference to the ‘Never Trump’ GOP movement)
There is more, but I think you get the idea. His Facebook page is open to the public and I visited it briefly. A few minutes was just about as much as I could stomach, as every post emanates hate and vitriol in almost visible waves. Apparently Facebook has removed some of his posts, but I cannot understand why they have not simply shut down his account. He often refers to Obama as “zero,” and several times he has called for the president’s execution.
News of Senecal’s Facebook rants was first published by Mother Jones last week, and was quickly followed by the start of a Secret Service investigation, as well as a disavowal (wisely) by the Trump camp. “We totally and completely disavow the horrible statements made by him regarding the president,” said a spokesperson for the Trump campaign. We all know that I dislike Trump immensely, however this time I am not blaming Trump, who even I cannot hold accountable for the actions of his former employee. If Senecal thought he was being helpful to and supportive of Trump by his rants and hate speech, he was wrong.
During the riots in Ferguson Missouri over the killing of an unarmed black man by police, he called for the city to be “removed”. “Move the sane people out during the day and carpet bomb the city from the face of the Earth at night,” he wrote. “If you blow up the protesters, oh well!!! Case Closed!!!” Makes me wonder how it is that he did not come under scrutiny by the Secret Service long before now! I am almost positive that if I posted something similar on Facebook, on this blog, or on Twitter, within the hour there would be men in suits and dark glasses knocking at my door!
Ours is a nation with certain guarantees of ‘free speech’. However, with any right comes responsibility. Along with the right to freedom of speech comes the responsibility to use good judgement, the responsibility to get your point across in a reasonable manner and without hate. I would add that there is an implied responsibility, also, to enhance one’s vocabulary beyond four-letter words. The right to free speech, I believe, carries with it all of the above responsibilities, and one more: respect. I invite people to disagree with me with every blog post, every Op-Ed, every Facebook post or Tweet that I write, but I insist upon respect. Mr. Anthony Peter Senecal is a vile individual who is lacking respect for everyone. I hope his rights to freedom of speech will be curtailed, as I believe they must.