I have no less than five people sitting waiting in the wings to be declared Idiot of the Week! I told you they just fall into my lap! For this first one, I have selected a couple … a once married couple … Roger and Ann Stone. I am betting that most of you reading this never heard of them, am I right? Neither are particularly important people, not political figures in the traditional sense, yet both have come into the spotlight this week and each has shown himself/herself to be fully qualified for the title of Idiot of the week.
Roger Stone is a political consultant, lobbyist and strategist, usually for candidates of the Republican Party. He was a principal with Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly. Does the name Manafort ring any bells? As in Donnie Trump’s acting campaign manager? At any rate, Roger Stone was part of the Trump entourage until last August when he was fired amidst a series of controversies. He has, however, continued as an ally, supporter and advisor to Trump.
On Tuesday, it is said that Stone advised Trump that he must run his campaign like a dictatorship, that trying to run his campaign as a democracy would only lead to divisiveness and rivalries. But no, it is not that which qualifies him for the Idiot of the Week title. It is that “series of controversies” that got him fired from the Trump Circus Train last year.
Stone was banned from both CNN and MSNBC last year for a number of highly offensive, racist and sexist Twitter posts he made about CNN contributors. He called Ana Navarro an “entitled diva bitch” and said “black beans and rice didn’t miss her.” He also called Roland Martin a “stupid negro” and a “token buffoon” and instructed him to “eat some more Popeye’s.” That is what earned him this honour.
Stone also carries the responsibility for having leaked the untrue story to the tabloid National Enquirer back in March, that Trump’s rival Ted Cruz had extramarital affairs with five women. Earlier this year, as the GOP was yet hoping to be able to find some way around handing Trump the nomination, Stone threatened a massive revolt if that were to happen, and further threatened to publicize the hotel room numbers of every delegate who went against Trump. Even Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said that Stone’s threat to publicize the hotel room numbers of delegates was “just totally over the line.” Really nice guy, don’t you think? This is the type of person that Donald Trump surrounds himself with. This is the type of person he aligns with. This is the type of person he is. Oh, and by the way … not that it matters one way or another, but Stone has Richard Nixon’s face tattooed on his back! Further proof, if you needed it, that he is a nutcase.
Yes, but why his ex-wife, you might ask. And I would answer that Mrs. Stone is, in her own way, almost as bad as Mr. Stone. First of all, she was married to good old Roger for 26 years, from 1974 – 1990. Anybody who could stay married to someone like him for 26 years has problems. Remember in a previous post I mentioned the “Women Vote Trump” rally that was held in Cleveland on Monday? That was the one where only 17 people showed up. Well, Ann Stone was one of the 17. Not only was she one of the 17, but she is also the co-founder of Women Vote Trump. Obviously, those 26 years married to Roger gave her a very low self-image and one could almost feel sorry for her were she not so stupid. Among her comments at the rally was “He [Trump] has a track record with women that is amazing!” Seriously? Well, I guess you could call it amazing, depending on how you wish to define “amazing”. Let us take a quick look at that “track record”, shall we?
- “I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”
- “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”
- “You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
- “Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.”
- “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?”
- “My favorite part [of ‘Pulp Fiction’] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: ‘Bitch be cool.’ I love those lines.”
- “Love him or hate him, Donald Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred.” Don’t be confused … yes, he actually said this about himself, referring to himself in third person.
- “All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
- “If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”
- “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
- “Look at that face. Would anybody vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s’posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious? ” Has he looked in a mirror lately … like in the past 20 years?
- “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her — wherever. ”
- “A person who is flat-chested is very hard to be a 10.”
- “Her ass is too fat.”
- “Well, you never get to the face because the body’s so good.”
- “You have to treat ’em like shit.”
While by no means a complete list, I cannot go on! I am sickened, angered and disgusted just reading these. Yes, folks, these are what Ann Stone refers to as Trump’s “amazing track record with women.” Need I further elaborate on why she, along with her ex-husband, share the honour of Idiot of the Week?
Stay tuned … I still have at least four more people waiting in the wings to claim this honour!