I mentioned a week or so ago that people were tumbling into my lap, vying for the highly-prized Idiot of the Week award. There are so many on my list now that I debate over which deserves the award the most, but as I write this tonight (Saturday night … yes, this is how I spend my Saturday nights, folks), this particular person seems to be shrieking the loudest, yelling “PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!” says she. So without further ado, allow me to introduce Ms. Ann Coulter!
Ann Hart Coulter is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer. She has written eleven books, some of which have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List. Her first book, High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton (1998) called for the impeachment of then President Bill Clinton. Her fourth book, How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter (2004), sums up her opinion of liberals in two sentences: “Want to make liberals angry? Defend the United States.” Other books include:
- Godless: The Church of Liberalism (2006)
- If Democrats Had Any Brains, They’d Be Republicans (2007)
- Guilty: Liberal “Victims” and Their Assault on America (2009)
- Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America (2011)
- Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama (2012)
- Never Trust a Liberal Over 3 — Especially a Republican (2013)
- Adios, America: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole (2015)
Do you get the feeling she does not like liberal thinkers or Democrats? It is a good thing I am not as thin-skinned as Donnie Trump, else my feelings might be hurt and I might have to go hit her, huh? Coulter’s next book is set to release next month, titled In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!
When possible, I like to let the idiots speak (babble) for themselves, so I give you, Ms. Ann Coulter:
- “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.” Is she related to Phyllis Schlafly?
- “The backbone of the Democratic Party is a typical fat, implacable welfare recipient.” Hey, wait a minute now … I am neither fat nor a welfare recipient!
- “People like you caused us to lose that war.” (speaking to a disabled veteran about the Vietnam War)
- “I’m more of a man than any liberal.”
- “Most public schools are, at best, nothing but expensive babysitting arrangements, helpfully keeping hoodlums off the street during daylight hours. At worst, they are criminal training labs, where teachers sexually abuse the children between drinking binges and acts of grand larceny.”
- “I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote.” Wait, didn’t we try that once? And didn’t we decide it was highly discriminatory, and thus we banned it?
- “Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends, and vice versa. I mean, Canada sent troops to Vietnam.” Do some fact checking, Ms. Coulter – Canada did not send troops to Vietnam!
- “I have to say I’m all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the ‘hood’ to be flogged publicly.”
- “I think [women] should be armed but should not vote … women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it … it’s always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care.”
- “There are a lot of bad Republicans; there are no good Democrats.”
- “I might be in favor of national healthcare if it required all Democrats to get their heads examined.”
- “She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab.”
- “I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am.” You mean there is somebody stupider than you?
Which brings us to the one that dropped her in my lap and caused me to award the Idiot of the Week honour to her today. A gentleman by the name of Khizr Khan, the father of Muslim U.S. war hero who died in combat in Iraq, Captain Humayun Khan, spoke at the Democratic National Convention last week. Coulter wasted no time before tweeting: “You know what this convention really needed? An angry Muslim with a thick accent like Fareed Zacaria.” Presumably it was intended as a slur against both Mr. Khan and Fareed Zakaria, whose name she couldn’t even manage to spell correctly. Mr. Zakaria is an esteemed Indian-American journalist for The Washington Post, The Atlantic, and CNN. Even Coulter’s fellow conservatives were horrified by her unfeeling remarks and quickly chastised her.
In an interview last week, Ms. Coulter said “If Trump doesn’t win, it’s over. I’ll be writing cookbooks and mysteries. It’ll probably take some talk radio hosts and a certain TV network [Fox News] a while to figure that out. But it’s over.” We can only hope. Though I cannot imagine I would eat any dish that came from one of her cookbooks, as I expect she would be cooking up a passel of hatred.
Notice that Ms. Coulter supposedly has a law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, and was an editor of the Michigan Law Review. Wouldn’t you think that might have required a degree of … intelligence? Apparently she lost it somewhere on the way to the forum. And so, Ms. Coulter, you have certainly done everything you could to earn Filosofa’s Idiot of the Week award.