This post is just a brief ‘test balloon’ for an idea I was considering, a new weekly feature, similar to my “Idiot of the Week” feature. This one could be called “The Week’s Most Stupid Trump-isms”. Or perhaps “Weekly Strump-isms”? Trumpty Dumpty-isms?
- “I’ve had a beautiful, I’ve had a flawless campaign. You’ll be writing books about this campaign.” – July 29, 2016
- “You know what I wanted to. I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard. I would have hit them. No, no. I was going to hit them, I was all set and then I got a call from a highly respected governor… I was gonna hit one guy in particular, a very little guy. I was gonna hit this guy so hard his head would spin and he wouldn’t know what the hell happened… I was going to hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin, they’d never recover. And that’s what I did with a lot – that’s why I still don’t have certain people endorsing me: they still haven’t recovered.” –Donald Trump, reacting to the Democratic National Convention – July 29, 2016
- “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.” – July 27, 2016
- “I was shocked to hear [Vladimir Putin] mention the N-word. You know what the N-word is. Number one he doesn’t like him and number two he doesn’t respect him. I think he’s going to respect your president if I’m elected and I hope he likes me.” – implying that Putin uses the “N-word” to describe President Obama, July 27, 2016
- “His wife, if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me, but plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet and it looked like she had nothing to say.” – lashing out at two Muslim American parents who lost their son while he served in the U.S. military in Iraq, July 30, 2016
- “I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I wouldn’t say it. He’s a terrible mayor. Probably won’t be there too long because he’s got problems like you wouldn’t believe. But he’s a terrible mayor. But I was going to say that, but now I won’t say it.”
- “I didn’t know that he was disabled. I didn’t know it. I didn’t know it at all. I had no idea. So I started imitating somebody … that was groveling. Does everybody know what grovel is? Grovel is when you do — I won’t do the act.” – in response to criticism over him mocking a reporter with disabilities last November – July 29, 2016
- “I have a good heart; number two, I’m a smart person.” – July 29, 2016
And I saved the best for last:
- “You know what? I don’t have to be so nice anymore. I’m taking the gloves off.” – July 29, 2016
He’s had gloves on all this time? Who knew?
I don’t know yet if every week will provide enough material to make this a weekly feature, but so far it seems a fair assumption that most weeks will. Especially if, as I predicted earlier this week, he is spiraling toward a meltdown of epic proportions. His last statement seems to indicate that there will be much more fodder for the blogger in weeks to come! I thought I would toss this one out here and see how it goes, anyway. And I am open to any and all suggestions for names for this feature …