Once a person has been the recipient of Filosofa’s Idiot of the Week award, I do not award them additional trophies, as that is almost the highest honour I bestow. However, I am not adverse to doing an ‘Idiot Update’ if necessary. In some cases, the idiots do not learn and just continue to spout idiocy in every conceivable direction, much like a fountain. In those cases, I find it prudent to provide updates on an as-needed basis. While I do not intend for this to become a habit, or a regular feature, today I am compelled by circumstances and stomach acid to provide an update to the Idiot of the Week from July 31, Ann Coulter! Wow … didn’t take her long to require an update, did it?
Since we last spoke with Ms. Coulter, she has published a new book, hot off the presses on Monday, titled In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome! .
“Donald Trump isn’t a politician — he’s a one-man wrecking ball against our dysfunctional and corrupt establishment. We’re about to see the deluxe version of the left’s favorite theme: Vote for us or we’ll call you stupid. It’s the working class against the smirking class,” reads the description. Not coincidentally, the book was published by Breitbart.
And now onto the updates:
- “… I know there’s this big thing about how the only people who support Trump are uneducated white men. I love uneducated white men. I’m with Trump – I love the uneducated. They’re probably better off not having taken a gender-studies class.”
- “… that Mexican rapist speech that won my heart forever …”
- “Republicans will not be able to win anything, if Hillary is elected. Nothing, ever. There will be no point to Fox News, there will be no point to Breitbart, there will be no point to what I do. I’m retiring and writing mysteries. The country will be finished.” I thought she was going to write cookbooks if Trump lost? I guess she has upgraded to mysteries. Probably doesn’t know how to cook.
- “The Democrats just see blacks and Hispanics as voters, that’s it, just bring them in. And the Democrats are about to dump African-Americans and move on to the far more numerous Hispanics.” Huh?
- “The alleged attack on the disabled reporter – utter, complete nonsense. That was just to cover up the media doing P.R. for Islam since 9/11.” Again, HUH?
- “Pence is fine; he’s not doing any harm.”
- “Look at what [Trump] has accomplished so far with every powerful entity against him, including Fox News.” Fox News is anti-Trump??? Who knew?
And here are a few “oldies but goodies” that I actually missed in my first post:
- “If I’m gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.”
- “I think you would be nicer to me if you thought I was packing [a gun].”
- “One time I had a shot at Clinton. I thought, ‘Ann, that’s not going to help your career.’”
- “My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.”
- “I hope the results are similar [for John Kerry], since Osama is D-E-A-D dead in Tora Bora since December, 2001.” WHAT planet has this dame been living on???
- “Would that it were so! That the American military were targeting journalists.”
- “We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens’s créme brulée.”
This is just too easy and too much fun! This woman cannot possibly be for real! There is a Coulter Watch website that you can subscribe to for daily email updates of her most ridiculous, outrageous comments. She must feel quite honoured by that, for I know of no other who has an entire watch-site dedicated to following their lunacy! I regret that I only have one IOTW award to give per person, else she would certainly qualify for another. I still cannot believe she has a law degree! The powers-that-be at the University of Michigan Law School must surely cringe every time they hear her name mentioned!
Since Trump has Michele Bachmann, Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors, I am pretty sure he will find a spot for Ms. Coulter also. I just really, really hope he does not make her Secretary of Education! A better idea might be to make her the U.S. ambassador to … say … Outer Mongolia? Or perhaps da trumpeter might send her to his good friend Vladimir Putin for the Siberian Embassy. Sigh. Ah well, she gave me something fun to write about anyway. G’day, all!