I write my a.m. posts the afternoon/evening before … sometimes even sooner. Sadly, as I am attempting to write this, trolling through the news on all my usual trusted sites, the only news is non-news. The only news are headlines such as :
- 5 things to watch at the presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
- Trump’s reference to Bill Clinton affair underscores his own history of infidelity
- What to Expect in First Debate as Polls Show Dead Heat
- 11 Debate Possibilities That Should Worry the Campaigns
- Green Party nominee escorted off debate premises
- Five things Lester Holt needs to ask Donald Trump
Well, you get the picture. I have said all I plan to say about the debate until it actually takes place! I do not wish to write about “what to watch for” or “who will say/do what”, especially considering this post will go out the morning after the event! And I am still working on a post about Ms. Clinton’s platform on K-12 education which is much more involved than I originally intended, and with the debate looming, my focus seems to be wandering, so I wasn’t motivated to complete that for this morning’s post. So, instead, I have gone in search of … cartoons! Who doesn’t love a good political cartoon?