As most regular readers are aware, I periodically write an ‘Idiot of the Week’ post, awarding the honour to a person who has distinguished him or herself as certifiably stupid by their public comments or actions. For the past several days, I have been contemplating an Idiot of the Year award to be given at some appropriate time between November 8th and December 31st. Yesterday my blogger-buddie Hugh Curtler suggested that I draw up a list of nominees and have you, the readers, vote. I liked the idea, so I am proceeding with it. This is your chance, so please help me select one Idiot of the Year, and two runners-up.
There are seven (7) new nominees and 16 who have already been awarded the Idiot of the Week award. Please select the three that you think rank the highest on the ‘stupidometer’.
- Donald J. Trump – Business and TV personality, 2016 Presidential Candidate.
- Roger Ailes – founder and former Chairman and CEO of Fox News, former advisor to Donald Trump, forced to resign from Fox after multiple sexual harassment allegations, receiving $40 million severance package.
- Ted Nugent: – singer, NRA board member, says Donald Trump should be awarded ‘Medal of Freedom’ “for speaking his mind in such a bold, honest and straight-forward manner.” “I know I took back the whole ‘subhuman mongrel’ thing, and promised not to call people names, but Obama is a Nazi trying to start a race war… just saying.” Anti-Semite. Anti-animal-rights: “I’m stymied to come up with anything funnier than people who think animals have rights. Just stick an arrow through their lungs.” Racist: “apartheid isn’t that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal.” He described black South Africans as “a different breed of man” who “still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands”.
- Gavin McInnes: co-founder of Vice magazine. “Dominicans abuse food stamps, and use them as a fat pill. Why should the homophobes get all the attention this week? What about the racists? They deserve their turn”. Enter Vice magazine founder Gavin McInnes, who is famous for telling various publications how much he enjoys being white, and how much he does not enjoy non-whites.
- *Sarah Palin – “The News Makes Me Sad … So I Don’t Watch It”, “The People Don’t Elect U.S. Presidents, God Does”, “Mr. President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.” (Only 3 stupid quotes allowed for this brief synopsis)
- *Michelle Bachmann – “Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of ‘The Lion King’ for instance, and a teacher might say, ‘Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?’ The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.”, ““Literally, if we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely”, “I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” (Only 3 stupid quotes allowed for this brief synopsis)
- Martin Shkreli: The Pharma Bro – American entrepreneur and pharmaceutical executive. Raised the price of life-saving drugs his company acquired, including the Epi-pen, from 1,900% to 5,456%. Arrested by the FBI on charges of security fraud.
*Note that #5 & #6 may seem to blend together. I firmly believe they are actually the same person, or perhaps twins that were separated at birth. Both pre-qualified as America’s #1 & #2 Bimbos.
And here is a list of past Idiots of the Week. They too can qualify for Idiot of the Year I have included links to their original IOTW posts in case you need to refresh your memory.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio – 10-18 Idiot of the Week #1 – Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Dave Daubenmire – 10-13 Idiot of the Week #1 – Dave Daubenmire
- Kathy Miller – 09-22 Idiot Of The Week #2 – Kathy Miller
- Mike Pence – 09-21Idiot Of The Week – Mike Pence
- Sean Hannity – 08-23 Idiot of the Week #1 – Sean Hannity
- Rudy Giuliani – 08-16 My Saddest Idiot of the Week Award – Rudy Giuliani
- Patrick Buchanan – 08-15 Idiot of the Week #1 – Patrick Buchanan
- Rush Limbaugh – 08-12 Idiot of the Week #1 – Rush Limbaugh
- Katrina Pierson – 08-04 Idiot of the Week #1 – Katrina Pierson
- Ann Coulter – 07-31 Idiot of the Week #3 – Ann Coulter
- Pat Robertson – 07-29 Idiot of the Week #2 – Pat Robertson
- Phyllis Schlafly – 07-26 Idiot of the Week #1 – Phyllis Schlafly
- Newt Gingrich – 07-16 Idiot of the Week #1 – Newt Gingrich
- Rick Tyler – 06-27 Idiot of the Week #1 – Rick Tyler
- Pat Ownbey – 06-23 Idiot of the Week: Rep. Pat Ownbey
- Roger & Ann Stone – 07-21 Idiots of the Week #1 – Roger & Ann Stone
This is a democratic contest and the majority will rule. The contest is open to ALL readers, not only followers of this blog. In the event of a tie, or insufficient votes, Filosofa reserves the right to decide on a supreme Idiot of the Year and two runners-up. Please remember you will only be able to choose three (3) idiots! Have fun and choose wisely!
Write-in votes may be left in the comment section. Also, the voting is open until Sunday, 23 October, at midnight, so take your time to think it over if you need to!