If you see a bunch of marbles rolling down the sidewalk, would you do me a favour and please send them to me? About a week ago, mine apparently left home, and without them I am somewhat addlepated. I don’t know why they left … perhaps I have not taken proper care of them and they were feeling slightly neglected … I just do not know.
In the past week, I have done the following:
- Forgotten to wash my daughter’s nursing scrubs … she finally asked me about it after wearing the same outfit for the third day in a row.
- Drove almost all the way home from Kroger with the rear car door wide open. (I kept wondering why the dome light was still on)
- Forgotten to take my insulin at least 3 times, and forgot once whether I had taken it or not.
- Forgot to feed the cats.
- Spent 10 minutes looking for mayonnaise in the fridge, when it was right in front on the top shelf.
- Lost all my socks (they were later found in the box with the Christmas cups I had packed away).
- Thawed meat to make an Italian veggie soup, then forgot until dinnertime that I hadn’t actually made the soup.
- Run the clothes dryer for an hour … empty.
- Put away a dishwasher full of dirty dishes
And the list goes on. Without my marbles, I simply do not function well at all!
After apologizing profusely to my daughter for the lack of clean scrubs, I lamented that perhaps all this is a sign that Alzheimer’s is setting in. She pooh-poohed the notion and said I am simply too much distracted by the political climate about which I spend the majority of my time reading and writing. Perhaps so, but still … I would sincerely appreciate the return of my marbles.
I did have one thought … perhaps my marbles left and are headed toward 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, where their intent is to rest on the steps of the big White House, lying in wait for a certain person-who-shall-remain-nameless, and their plan is to send him rolling on the steps, where he will bonk his head and lie in a vegetative state for the rest of his days.
I keep hearing the word “preoccupied” by my family. I sense that they had a family meeting to which I was not invited, and it was decided that “when she does something dumb, just give her a hug and tell her it’s okay, that she is just ‘preoccupied’”.
At any rate … if you should happen upon a bunch … I think there are around 150 … of these guys rolling along aimlessly, send me a message and I will send you my address to return them. There is, by the way, a reward for their return … $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$