Arthur Jones is running for the U.S. House of Representatives in Illinois’ 3rd congressional district Arthur Jones has run for a variety of political offices dating back to 1976 when he ran for mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and lost. He has run for Congress no less than five times … and lost every time. And now he is running for Congress in a largely democratic district on the south side of Chicago. Why is Arthur Jones such a loser? Let’s take a look at Arthur.
- On his website Jones describes the Confederate flag as “a symbol of White pride and White resistance. It is the flag of a White counter revolution.”
- In 2008, Jones was listed as the leader of an Illinois chapter of the neo-Nazi American National Socialist Worker’s Party.
- He now leads a group called America First Committee, whose membership is open only to “white American citizens of European, non-Jewish descent.”
- He denies that the Holocaust ever happened, calling it “the biggest, blackest lie in history … nothing more than an international extortion racket by the Jews.”
Already you can see why Mr. Jones cannot win an election, right? So how did he get on the ballot for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives? Simple, no other republican wants to run in that district, for it is seen as that of a sacrificial lamb, so heavily democrat is the district. On Thursday morning he did a six-minute interview with CNN’s Alisyn Camerota:
Jones tried to enter the race in 2016, but the GOP challenged signatures on Jones’ petitions and successfully got him booted from the ballot. Not so this year, as the petitions passed muster, thus it is a certainty that Jones will win the March 20th primary.
In addition to his hatred of Jews, Jones hates every other group that is not white, Christian and straight. Jones does not support interracial marriage or integration in public schools. He is against immigration and wants to pass laws to make English the official language, saying, “… any two-legged vagabond from any Third-world, non-white, or non-Christian country is given preference whether they arrived legally or illegally. Either, learn America’s language, our culture, and respect our laws or get out of our country!”
Can you guess his stand on LGBT rights?
“The Homosexual/Lesbian/Bi-sexual/Transgender movement is a blatant assault on the Christian based foundation of this country. They seek to uproot, and overthrow all the moral teachings of the Christian religion on which all of our laws are based. THEY MUST BE STOPPED NOW.”
A visit to his website left me feeling ill, with images like these …
His ‘platform’ also includes what he refers to as “The Neighborhood Amendment”, which claims liberals want ““Racial, Religious, and Sexual Diversity” in every neighborhood and school in America.” His proposal would enable people to vote on whether or not to allow “others” to move in to the neighborhood. Perhaps he never heard of the Fair Housing Act?
It is understandable that no other republican candidate wishes to waste the time and money to run a campaign for a sure-to-lose seat. But now, the party is left with Jones, another pimple on their butt. The good news is that there is no way this man will be going to the Capitol unless it is as a visitor with a tour group. The bad news, however, is that anybody with his mentality can even exist in this, the 21st century. It makes me both angry and sad to think that somebody so bigoted, so narrow-minded, can garner even a handful of supporters.
Even the GOP doesn’t support Jones …
- Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner, also a Republican, said: “There is no room for neo-Nazis in American politics. I condemn this man in the strongest possible terms.”
- Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider said, “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the Third Congressional District.”
And yet … there is no doubt that he will get some votes. He will not win, but there are some who will applaud his ideas, his bigotry, his racial hatred, and they will vote for him.