What a complete and total waste of taxpayer’s hard-earned money! What a travesty of justice!
Republicans on House Panel Find No Evidence of Collusion, Russian Preference for Trump
“We’ve found no evidence of collusion … perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment at taking meetings … only Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn or someone else like that could take this series of inadvertent contacts with each other, meetings, whatever and weave that into some sort of a fiction, page turner spy thriller. We’re not dealing in fiction, we’re dealing in facts, and we found no evidence of any collusion.” – Republican Representative K. Michael Conaway
Either this man is lying through his teeth, as is every member of that panel, else they did not even open their eyes during their entire investigation. There is so much smoke that the building is nearly up in flames, and they conclude that there is no fire, and ‘let’s go back to sleep now, boys’. I wonder how they plan to justify their conclusions when Robert Mueller finalizes his report and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was mass collusion between multiple members of the Trump campaign and the Russians? They will either be proven liars or ignorant fools. Or both.
Representative Adam Schiff, the ranking democrat on the panel, said just last month that based on what he had seen, there was “ample evidence” of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. Democrats’ requests for subpoenas for hostile witnesses have been ignored by the panel. Conaway’s response? “We’ve interviewed everyone we think we need to interview.” FOUL!!!
Democrats were not involved with drafting the GOP’s report and were not presented with a copy of the findings. Conaway said democrats would receive a copy of the report on Tuesday, and the final copy is expected to be made public sometime in April.
Now I ask you this: How, with all the indictments and guilty pleas that have been a result of Robert Mueller’s investigation, can the House panel simply close their eyes and say, “Nope, nothing to see here, folks.”? HOW???
1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.
2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.
3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October in Washington, DC on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, false statements, and failure to disclose foreign assets — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts. Then, in February, Mueller filed a new case against him in Virginia, with tax, financial, and bank fraud charges.
4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But he has now agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.
5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.
21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.
22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine.
Nope, no collusion here … nothing to see here … move along and let’s get busy building that wall, mining more coal, trashing more federal lands to drill for oil, and put all this nonsense about collusion behind us, right?
Look once again at that list of the members of the investigative panel. They should not even have their name on the ballot in November, let alone be re-elected. Did they bow to pressure from Trump? Do they really believe that We The People are so stupid as to buy their garbage? Was there pressure from someone other than Trump? Were rewards offered, perhaps campaign donations to add to their coffers? Or were they simply tired of pretending to do a job, the one for which we pay them? I don’t know the answers, but I do know that their consciences ought to be keeping them awake as I write this post. I do know that they are Dishonest with a capital ‘D’. And I do know they do not deserve our respect nor our votes.
Trump was fairly please, as he tweeted …
THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
7:49 PM – 12 Mar 2018
Ultimately, it appears, the only investigation that will get to the truth is that by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. If something happens that disrupts his investigation, that halts it, we will have no justice in this nation, now or likely ever again. I will be tweeting this post directly to the two panel members from my state, as well as to Trump.