Having awakened this morning with a growing sense of angst, I decided it must be time for some snarky snippets …
It’s a late April Fool’s joke, right?
I am amused by an OpEd headline in The Washington Post yesterday …
Trump’s Plan For Peace Will Be Bold. Here’s How It Can Succeed.
Say WHAT??? Peace? Trump? Those two words do not even belong in the same sentence! The writer, Michael Singh, implies that Trump even has a ‘plan’ for peace between Israel and Palestine. First off, he doesn’t, for planning is something that is beyond Trump’s comprehension. He operates on ‘mood of the moment’, not well thought out plans. Secondly, he has already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn’t understand the Middle East at all.
But the part that really made me laugh was the simple word: peace. Trump has divided his own nation so severely that I don’t foresee a reconciliation at any point in the future and am more inclined to think this nation will ultimately become two … or more. Antagonism, bullying and battle, not peace, is Trump’s forte. Mr. Singh apparently drank a bit too much of that Kool Aid.
Caught in the act …
Tucker Carlson, who I consider one of the most bombastic fools of the 21st century, had his 15 minutes in the spotlight last week. Turns out he’s always been an idiot, as evidenced by some decade-old radio recordings unearthed by Media Matters for America. A few samples …
- He claimed Iraqis don’t “behave like human beings” and said he had “zero sympathy” for Iraqis or their culture during a May 2006 discussion of the Iraq War on the popular radio show. “A culture where people just don’t use toilet paper or forks,” Carlson said—adding that Iraqis should “just shut the f*** up and obey” the U.S. because “they can’t govern themselves.”
- He said immigrants should have “something to offer”—like being “hot” or “really smart.” “But people to come over and pick lettuce, I mean, I’m not saying that’s an undignified… but on the other hand, is that—are those people who are going to build, you know, a stronger country 20 years from now?”
- “My — here’s my point: If a guy wants to be polygamist, that’s kind of his business.”
- “A teacher who molested a 13-year-old took pressure off the victim’s female classmates because they wouldn’t have to sleep with him.”
- “If you’re talking to a feminist, and she’s given you, ‘Well, men really need to be more sensitive,’ no, actually, men don’t need to be more sensitive. You just need to be quiet and kind of do what you’re told.”
If that last one didn’t make your blood boil …
Now, lest you think that ol’ Tucker (who names their kid ‘Tucker’, anyway?) was ashamed and apologetic … think again!
“Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour. If you want to know what I think, you can watch. Anyone who disagrees with my views is welcome to come on and explain why.”
What a guy, eh?
I have long said that Trump is functionally illiterate. The ‘man’ cannot seem to so much as string a simple sentence together that makes any sense. He talks rather like the mobsters in the old mob movies, if you ask me. This week, he has gone out of his way to prove my point.
The ‘oranges’ of the investigation? Obviously, he was trying to say ‘origins’, but failed miserably. Origins isn’t really that difficult to say, now is it? Perhaps he hadn’t had his lunch yet and food was on his brain. Or perhaps … just a thought … he really doesn’t know any better!While I’m in the Trump-mocking mode, what about his claim … repeated claim … that his father was born in Germany? While declaring his love for Germany, Trump said he’s proud that his father was born in the country. “Born in a very wonderful place in Germany, so I have a great feeling for Germany,” Trump said. Fred Trump was born in the Bronx.
A lie by any other name is still a lie. He’s told so many of them that he genuinely seems not to know where truth stops and lies begin.
That’s it – blame the democrats …
Good ol’ Sarah Huckabee Sanders, one of Trump’s most loyal boot-lickers. I used to think Sarah was at least capable of coherent thought, but she has worked hard to disabuse me of that notion. Perhaps it is something in the air surrounding Trump that causes brain damage.Yesterday, at an impromptu gathering on the White House lawn, Sarah was asked by a reporter by what statute, by what authority Trump felt it was within his power to shut down the Mexico-U.S. border as he has threatened. Her response?
“Democrats are leaving us absolutely no choice at this point.”
Positively brilliant answer, Sarah … now go on back inside and colour some more pretty pictures.
Okay, I feel better now that I got all that off my chest! Carry on, friends, and have a great rest-of-the-day!