We the People
Sea to Shining Sea
Mr. Donald F. Trump
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
29 March 2020
Dear Mr. Trump,
We the People regret to inform you that your services will no longer be needed. We understood in the beginning, more than three years ago, that you were inexperienced and new to this type of work, and we decided after your first big mistakes that you would need time to grow into the job. We have given you that time … more than three years of time … but instead of growing into the job, you have become increasingly inept and incompetent.
It would take more than this letter to list all the many mistakes you have made, but let us clarify a few of the worst:
- Constantly demeaning citizens of this nation who are, technically, your employers. This has included lying about them and name-calling reminiscent of a junior high student.
- Unprecedented racism and bigotry that is far beneath the dignity of your position and damaging to the continuity of this nation.
- The terrible things you have allowed to happen to immigrants who came here seeking asylum, seeking to make a better life for their families. You tore their children out of their very arms, threw them in cages, and thus far six of those children have died as a result. Not only was this in violation of the laws of this country, but it qualifies as international ‘crimes against humanity’.
- When you were hired, it was made clear to you that you must step away from your own businesses for the duration of your employment with us, but instead, you have used our money to fund your own businesses, with nearly-every-weekend visits to your Florida resort, requiring your staff and Secret Service protection to pay you for the “privilege” of traveling with you.
- A man is judged by the company he keeps, and to date a number of your companions and associates are in prison, or soon will be. This speaks volumes to us about your character, or rather lack thereof.
- On at least eight occasions you have directly incited violence, calling on people to attack those who criticized you. In addition, you have made utterly ridiculous videos of yourself that you posted on Twitter … again, something we would expect of a 13-year-old boy, not a public office-holder.
- One of the most important aspects of your job is honesty and integrity, and you have failed miserably in both. It would take a book to enumerate every instance, but suffice it to say that your employers no longer trust or believe a word you say.
- Your negligence cost nearly 3,000 lives in Puerto Rico in 2017-2018 after Hurricane Maria. In addition, your bungling and mishandling of the situation with the coronavirus pandemic has already cost thousands of lives and we cannot even begin to estimate what the ultimate death toll will be. Many of those lives would have been saved if you had not allowed your greed and ego to get in the way of taking appropriate action.
- Your predecessor implemented some excellent regulations to, along with every other nation on the planet, work toward reversing the damages caused by years of burning carbon-based fossil fuels. Within a matter of weeks after accepting your job, you destroyed almost every one of those regulations and have contributed significantly to the decline of the air we breathe, water we drink, and the safety of the food we eat. It is almost as if you are willfully attempting to kill your employers.
- You have acted without dignity or compunction toward our friends and allies, and as a result we no longer have the respect or trust of the very friends who we may someday need to be able to call on for help. Meanwhile, you have cozied up to our enemies and acted without the oversight of Congress, which we mandated when we hired you.
All in all, Mr. Trump, you have been given more than ample time to prove yourself up to the task, and in every single instance, you have failed. You have abused your power, and devalued the office you hold. As a result of your failures, we are left with a debt of more than $25 trillion and a large number of terrible messes that will take decades to clean up. Therefore, we are requesting your resignation, effective immediately, to be submitted in writing to We the People in care of The Washington Post.
You will have exactly one week, until Sunday, April 5th, to remove your family and personal belongings from the residence we provided you at the above address. Your possessions will be closely checked by White House security to ensure that you take only that which belongs to you and your family. Any damages found after you have left will be billed to you through your attorney.
You will receive one month’s severance pay, but we cannot provide Secret Service protection once you are gone, as we have done for all of your predecessors, as you have bankrupted the country and we simply cannot afford it.
Best wishes for your future endeavours,