I did not watch even a single minute of the Republican National Convention, nor do I plan to. I have enough troubles at the moment, without having to watch vomit-inducing speeches by some of the ugliest people in the nation. But, I read enough news stories and commentaries this morning to draw a couple of conclusions, which I shall share here with you today.
First, it appears that the Republican Party, or should I say, Donald Trump, has no platform. Their platform, such as it is, seems to be to turn Joe Biden … all democrats, in fact … into some sort of monster who must be feared. A few samples …
- Joe Biden and the radical left are now coming for our freedom of speech. They want to bully us into submission. If they get their way, it will no longer be the silent majority. It will be the silenced majority. – Don Trump Junior
- Joe Biden and the radical left Democrats … want to drag us into the dark. – Don Trump Junior
- The woke-topians will disarm you, empty the prisons, lock you in your home and invite MS-13 to live next door, and the police aren’t coming when you call. – Matt Gaetz
- They want to steal your liberty, your freedom. They want to control what you see and think and believe so that they can control how you live. They want to enslave you to the weak, dependent, liberal victim ideology, to the point that you will not recognize this country or yourself. – Kimberly Guilfoyle (Junior’s latest paramour)
- They’re not satisfied with spreading the chaos and violence into our communities. They want to abolish the suburbs altogether. Make no mistake, no matter where you live, your family will not be safe in the radical Democrats’ America. – the McCloskeys (the couple who pointed guns at peaceful protestors simply walking down the sidewalk)
There’s more, but you get the message, right? In 2016, Trump’s only real platform was fear-mongering, telling the less intellectual among us that we must be afraid of immigrants, for they are coming to rape your women, kill your children, and take your jobs. He painted Latinos as rapists and murderers, and Middle-Easterners as Islamic terrorists, in order to strike terror into the hearts of those who knew no better. “I alone can fix this,” he claimed. And this year is no different … just a different ‘enemy’ this time.
And along those lines, the speakers at the RNC went out of their way to claim that Trump is not a racist and the U.S. is not a racist nation, even as Trump refers to the coronavirus as the “China virus”, and Junior calls Joe Biden, “Beijing Biden”. Oh no, no racism here!
“In much of the Democratic party it’s now fashionable to say America is racist. That is a lie. America is not a racist country.” – Nikki Haley
Try telling that to the family of George Floyd, or to Jacob Blake, fighting for his life in a Milwaukee hospital.Last Friday, Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris was asked by ABC News’ David Muir in a joint interview with Joe Biden about various names Trump has called her recently. Her response should be an example for all of us when Trump and his cronies start with the name-calling and the lies. Senator Harris laughed.
Muir: “President Trump has referred to you as ‘nasty,’ ‘a sort of madwoman,’ ‘a disaster,’ ‘the meanest, most horrible, most disrespectful of anybody in the U.S. Senate.’ How do you define what you hear from the president?”
Harris started to laugh halfway through the question.
Harris: “Listen, I really – I think there is so much about what comes out of Donald Trump’s mouth that is designed to distract the American people from what he is doing every day that is about neglect, negligence and harm to the American people.”
I really think this is what we must all learn to do … laugh at the ridiculousness of the claims, then move on and focus on the positive, focus on Joe Biden’s candidacy, his platform, the things that will begin to heal the deep wounds in this nation. Trump & Co can only make those wounds deeper, more infectious, if we allow them to. Here’s an example for you …
I had to laugh at the part where Junior said, “Our founders believed there was nothing more important than protecting our God given right to think for ourselves.” Think? Junior? 🤣🤣🤣
They really are a riot … rather like an episode of The Three Stooges, only with really bad actors.
And if you want another joke, one speaker even compared Trump to George Bailey in the movie It’s a Wonderful Life!!!
And perhaps the most ludicrous of all, given all the irrefutable evidence of Trump’s campaign colluding with Putin and the Russians to influence the 2016 election, is this statement by Trump himself …
“We caught them doing some really bad things in 2016. We have to be very careful because they’re trying it again with this whole 80 million mail-in ballots that they’re working on. The only way they can take this election away from us is if it’s a rigged election.”
Remember, folks … LAUGH!!! If you don’t laugh, you might cry, and I understand that the tissue companies like Kleenex and Puffs are already working overtime to try to meet demand!