Good Monday morning and welcome, my friends! Jolly … take their coats, gloves and hats and put them in the bedroom, okay? It’s been so cold that I only want to snuggle down in bed! And this week is supposed to be even colder, with highs in the teens (for those of you from ‘cross the pond, that means -12° to -18° Celsius. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Even the cats are cold, for they take turns sitting on whichever of my laptops I’m not using at any given time.
Joyful is a bit under the weather today, so the treats are courtesy of Krispy Kreme Donuts and Starbucks … sorry ‘bout that! So, grab a donut and hot drink, and let’s see if we can start this week out on the right foot, with a chuckle or two.
I had trouble finding humorous news stories this week, so instead, I offer up a few funny headlines, classifieds, etc …
- Headline from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer: “Mom Warns Son to ‘Watch Out for Idiots,’ Rear‑Ends His Motorcycle.”
- For sale: cemetery plot, $200, so I don’t have to spend all eternity beside my ex!
- Wanted to buy: playpen, cradle, high chair; also two single beds.
- Free: Piano with matching bench seat, very good condition, all keys work probably
- Free: 5 kitchen drawers, all matching naughty pine fronts
- Free rent in exchange for elderly woman
- Missing Woman Unwittingly Joins Search Party Looking for Herself
- Police arrest naked man with concealed weapon
That last one has left me scratching my head … where was it concealed???
Since my humour has taken a vacation, I popped over to Phil’s Phun for some ‘toons to give us our Monday morning chuckle.
While I was over at Phil’s place, I found several signs that made me chuckle, and I thought you might enjoy them too!
And this picture … well, just ‘cause I thought it was really cool …
Of course we must wrap up with a cute animal video …
Have a wonderful week, my friends, and please, please share those heartwarming smiles I see on your faces today! It’s cold and dreary … we all need a smile and perhaps a hug! Love ‘n hugs from Filosofa, Jolly, and Joyful!