If a president serves his entire four-year term, he will have been president for 1,459 days. The first 100 days are some sort of a marker, though they are less than 15% of his expected tenure, because there is always an analysis of what a president accomplished in his first 100 days. Additionally, a part of a candidate’s campaign platform also includes “What I plan to accomplish in my first 100 days”, which is later used as a benchmark for the aforementioned analysis.
I would like to clear some things up regarding Joe Biden’s “First 100 Days To Do List”. Donald Trump seems to think he has a copy of Joe’s list, but it’s obvious that he doesn’t. Donald Trump has falsely declared that in his first 100 days, Biden plans to …
- Implement a $4 trillion tax hike
- Demolish the U.S. energy industry
- Shut down the entire U.S. economy to combat the coronavirus pandemic
- Remove windows from homes and offices (Say WHAT???)
Now, obviously Trump has made all of this and more up in that demented mind of his, but … remove windows??? Where does he get this shit? Anyway, I thought it prudent to take a look at what Joe Biden actually plans to accomplish in the early days of his presidency.
- Rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO) and restore our leadership on the world stage
- Rejoin the Paris Climate Accords
- Contact NATO allies, saying “we’re back and you can count on us again.”
- Work with Congress to pass hate crime legislation
- Send a bill to Congress repealing liability protections for gun manufacturers, and closing background-check loopholes
- Send an immigration bill to Congress creating a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants and retaining rights for “dreamers,” who were brought to the United States illegally as children.
- Move to eliminate tax cuts passed under Trump in 2017
- Direct his secretary of housing and urban development to form a task force and provide a road map for ending homelessness
- Restore federal worker’s right to unionize
- Reinstate federal guidance, issued by Obama and revoked by Trump, that would restore transgender students’ access to sports, bathrooms and locker rooms in accordance with their gender identity.
- Issue new sweeping ethics standards that would apply to members of his administration
- Give the inspectors general full power to investigate any allegation of improper influence
And there is more, but I think you get the picture … none of his goals and plans are ‘evil’, none are power grabs, none favour only the wealthy, and all are things that will benefit the people … We the People.
Joe Biden’s plans for his first 100 days and beyond are necessarily ambitious, for Donald Trump has broken much that needs to be fixed … PRONTO! And, whether Biden is able to accomplish his initial goals largely depends on whether Mitch McConnell and his band of republican thugs continue to hold a majority in the Senate, for if they do, Biden and the rest of the Democrats in Congress will have to fight tooth and nail for every inch of progress.
Now, let’s think for a minute about what Donald Trump actually did during his first 100 days in 2017. I can sum it all up in three words: He Broke Stuff. In April 2017, Trump touted that …
“No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days.”
I guess it all depends on how one defines an accomplishment. If I kill my neighbor, did I accomplish something, or am I a murderer? In his first 90 days, it is true that Trump signed bills and issued executive orders … but not a single one did anything to help the people of this nation, or to make us a better nation. Many of his orders were overturned within that same 90-day period, such as his ban on travelers from predominantly Muslim countries. His executive orders overturned and reversed environmental regulations that were put into effect to protect and preserve the air we breathe, the water we rely on, and the ecosystems that are essential to life on this planet.
He attempted to reverse the Affordable Care Act (ACA, aka Obamacare) that enabled millions of citizens to have affordable health care. He did manage to place Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, after bribing Justice Anthony Kennedy to retire, thus ensuring that the Supreme Court would lean to the right in most decisions – not a good thing for We the People if we are women or people of colour or non-Christians.
But to my original point. Donald Trump has no idea what Joe Biden has pledged to do, and he is making up ridiculous lies, rants, to attempt to slur Joe Biden. I saw a post by a (former) friend on Facebook tonight accusing Joe Biden of being a pedophile, and most every comment pertained to Roe v Wade, accusing Biden of wanting to “rip poor unborn children …”. I could not help myself … I rebutted a number of the comments before finally asking myself why I was wasting my time with these low-life misogynists. My point here being that, while Trump’s accusations are obviously uneducated, inaccurate, and blatant lies … some of his less intelligent followers will believe every word. Therefore, I think it is important that we tell the public … over and over and over again … what Joe Biden really stands for and what he truly hopes to accomplish in his first 100 days. Joe Biden is a good man with integrity and good values … something that has been sorely lacking in the Oval Office for the past 1,327 days since Trump’s inauguration. Joe Biden cares about people, he cares about our planet. Donald Trump cares only about … Donald Trump. Your choice, my friends.