It’s hard to focus on a single topic these days, as there are so many things pulling our attention, demanding a voice in our heads! I’ve been working on two posts for over a week now, but every time I get back to them, I seem to veer off on some other tangent. I will get them finished though, and soon, before they lose their relevance … as if anything ever does any more! Meanwhile, I have a bunch of angst building over a few little snippets from the last day or so, and you know what that means! It means it’s time for some of Filosofa’s famous Snarky Snippets!
O’ Da Hypocrisy!!!
Contradictions and hypocrisy are the platform of the Republicans
From Jonathan V. Last’s newsletter “The Id theory of politics” …
It’s not like Republican voters have been overburdened by logical consistency over the last decade. By turns they have:
- Insisted that character and virtue are the paramount issues in politics; then voted for the thrice-married liar who cheated on his postpartum wife with a porn star and was on the cover of Playboy.
- Proclaimed the importance of Christian teaching in public policy; then celebrated using refugees as political pawns.
- Claimed that January 6th was a false-flag operation conducted by Antifa activists; insisted the protests were entirely peaceful; and also believed that the people engaging in violence were brave patriots trying to stop a constitutional usurpation of the presidency.
- Demanded unquestioning support of law enforcement when minorities are beaten or killed by police; then argued for defunding the FBI when it investigated Trump and also called the Capitol Police crisis actors after January 6th.
- Argued that America shouldn’t be giving aid to Ukraine because we should be “helping people at home”—even though they opposed the Child Tax Credit to help working families.
What a mum!
Here’s one to make you roll your eyes and shake your head …
Michigan Man Arrested For YouTube Threats Against Whitmer And Biden
Randall Robert Berka II was arrested and charged with federal firearms violations after Google tipped off the feds that he was making threatening remarks on YouTube, according to news reports and court filings.
There’s a lot going on here (emphasis mine):
Investigators went to Berka’s house, in Huron County, and spoke with his mother, who said she had purchased a handgun and three long guns for her son in the past year. She said he keeps the guns, as well as ammunition and body armor, in his room at their house.
Berka was involuntarily committed for mental health treatment in 2012, court documents say, and his mental health history is what prohibits him from having a gun. His mother told investigators she didn’t think his treatments are working and that he should be arrested and imprisoned.
The YouTube rants also included threats against FBI agents and the LGBT community.
His threats were made using the handle “@killthefeds42”, writing …
- “Hey FBI! My name is Randall the 2nd and I live in Sebewaing Michigan and I am willing to kill these people.”
- “im going to kill these democrats biden deserves to die” and that he was “more than willing” to kill Gov. Whitmer, also a Democrat. He also allegedly wrote that LGBTQ+ people need to “die and be genocided.”
Now, he is obviously a problem and should not walk among us, but the thing that I don’t understand is the mother. WHY THE HELL would she buy guns for her son, knowing of his threats, knowing of his mental illness??? Personally, I think the mother should be in a cell right next to her son!
And down in South Carolina …
There is currently a proposal in the South Carolina General Assembly that would make people who obtain abortion care eligible for the death penalty. Did you hear that? Death Penalty. And this from those who call themselves the “Right to Life” bunch???
Now, you might say that this is just a fringe bunch of Republicans and that the bill is going nowhere, but as it happens, 21 Republican legislators are in support of this bill! Proposed by state Representative Rob Harris, it is titled the “South Carolina Prenatal Equal Protection Act of 2023” and does not include an exception for people whose pregnancies result from rape or incest. Some who have read the proposal say that the language is vague enough to suggest that some people who suffer miscarriages could become eligible for the death penalty. WTF????
I have to ask the question … what do you think they would say if someone proposed making men who have vasectomies eligible for the death penalty? I’m telling you, sisters, it’s time we take a stand for our rights! A strong stand! Lorena Bobbitt … calling Lorena Bobbitt … help, we need you!